Reggio Emilia International Study Tour - 2018
Wednesday April 11 to April Saturday 21 2018
This Tour is Full and Closed
Educationalists Jerome Bruner and Howard Gardner have said that the educational opportunities that are offered by schools and preschools in Reggio Emilia are amongst the best in the world:
"To really understand how these infant toddler centres and preschools exist, one needs to see them for oneself".
This experience will inspire you to think more deeply about teaching and learning in your setting in Aotearoa New Zealand. As a participant you will have opportunities to reflect on:
- The cultural context of Reggio Emilia
- The image of the child and the teacher
- The notion of the environment as third teacher
- The notion of pedagogy of listening
- Making learning visible through documentation
- The role of the pedagogista and your role as a professional leader
- And so much more…
2018 REANZ Co-Hosts are Julianne Exton and Glenys Waller
Reach Across the Tasman Conference & Study Tour 2018
Dates: Sunday 7th October -Saturday 13th October 2018
Reggio Emilia Aotearoa New Zealand (REANZ) brings you this exciting opportunity to visit Early Childhood Centres and Schools that are implementing innovative curriculum.
As a participant on a past tour said...
“This has been the most effective professional development that I have been involved in during 25 years in education”.
Cost:- $2400 (share twin) includes:
- Flights ex Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland (travel plans will be made once the registration numbers confirmed)
- Insurance (extra may be charged for cover of pre-existing conditions)
- Group transfers from and to Melbourne airport
- Accommodation is at Apartments on Lygon St. This is a 3 star establishment and people stay in an apartment with 2 other people (a twin share room and a double room for one person). There is an additional charge of $250 for a single room
- All costs of the study tour including transport and lunches
A deposit will be requested once registration begins. The balance to be paid before mid July. You will have two facilitators with you to support unpacking and creating meaning from the experiences you encounter.
2018 REANZ Co-Hosts are Chris Bayes and Lorraine Manuela
Registration Click Here
Encounters with Reggio Emilia
- thoughts and reflections from Dianne Akast
The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education has intrigued, inspired and provoked my thinking for many years now but nothing can compare to the reality of participating with more than three hundred educators from around the world in a weeklong series of encounters with the city of Reggio Emilia, its citizens and educational approach. Read More
“NOTHING WITHOUT JOY”
Reflections from the 2010 Melbourne Study Tour
When I stepped off the plane in an unfamiliar place, I thought I had no preconceived notions of what to expect. However over the coming week I realised just how much my personal cultural values affect my my image of children, and my image of myself a teacher. Therefore my reflections of the tour have been focused on ‘the big picture’ with regards to concepts of community and one’s sense of self within society rather than the specifics of individual early learning centres.